Sunday, April 23, 2006

News from the Faire

I, like the most of you, couldn't go to the Maker Faire today and therefore had to read about it all over the web. Seems like it was a big hit though. Hack a day mentions that the people from monome were there showing of their cool music control unit monome 40h. Really cool stuff. They got a very cool video over at their website showing it off.

Cnet has posted a long article about the fair too; a very good read. They talk about how they are getting the kids involved in DIY from a very young age. Apperantly the stop motion animation was a big hit for the five-year olds. That's the right way; get them when they are you and impressionable, just like the church!

There should be a faire like this in every bigger city once in a while. I would have loved it had I been five years old. In my mind I am still five years old and I would love it.

Tags: Maker Faire, monome

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home